Skills are a representation of a learned ability to do something. In Crowfall, this is represented numerically on a scale of 0-200. Most skills cap at 100 but some allow the player to train into a heroic range. Skills in Crowfall (i.e. ‘One-Handed Sword Proficiency’, or ‘Cruelty’) map to a player statistic (‘attack power’, ‘critical hit chance’).
- Skills grant multiple stats, but multiple skills can increase the same stat.
- There are skills, that grant increases to multiple statistics
- Skills can also grant crafting recipes, the ability to use specific types of equipment and even grant powers. (Not all granted recipes can be used on every Vessel.)
- Skills advance passively, over-time
- The Skill Tree interface makes it possible to set a number of his skills to advance.
- Players will begin to earn experience points (XP) in the selected skill(s) in real world time – even when they aren’t online
- A standard Crowfall account may train one general and one archetype skill concurrently at any time.
- VIP members (through the use of a VIP ticket that was purchased, gifted or traded) may train one general and three different archetype skills at any time.
- Currently, there are about 600 skills in the game, but the developers expect upwards of 1,500 by launch.
- "Crows" have instantly access to most skills from the start, but some must be gained through looting, crafting and/or winning campaigns
Skill properties[edit | edit source]
- Type - either a general or archetype skill
- Tier - a multiplier on the amount of XP required to progress this skill
- Name - generic and informative for general skills, thematic and witty for archetype skills
- Description – information about what the skill does
- Icon – pretty art with a progress bar around it showing how far you have trained in a skill
- Skill Timer – displays how long until you gain the next point in a skill
General skills[edit | edit source]
Combat[edit | edit source]
- Combat Basics
- One Hand Melee
- Great Melee
- One Hand Ranged
- Great Ranged